Guardian Angels School provides all grade levels with a technological education that makes use of the most effective contemporary tools so students are able to communicate their intelligence and spirituality in a modern culture. Our 1:1 technology in the classrooms allows us to utilize a blended learning model that benefits all of our students.
- All students learn to use information technology as a tool to assist in their educational development, to solve problems and to accomplish tasks more efficiently.
- Students and teachers are able to access information electronically to enhance research, study and teaching skills.
- Technology education is used in connection with and to enhance the Graded Course of Study of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, “Growing Together”.
- Students and teachers follow technology strategies by grade level as dictated by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Catholic Schools Office Guidelines for the Implementation of ISTE and Ohio Technology Standards and Competencies.
Typical Classroom Set-Up:
- Grades K-4 are provided individual iPads for each student and have desktop computers in classrooms for student use.
- Grades 5-8 – All students have their own school supplied PC Tablet that they use for all core subjects. Units are assigned to them.
- All classrooms have a Clevertouch interactive touchscreen. This allows teachers to display lessons from on-line textbooks. K-5 students can participate in interactive lessons on a large screen display. Teachers can meet the different needs of a student by presenting curriculum in different modalities to best meet the learning styles of each student.
- There is one instructional computer lab.
- The lab has computers to accommodate the largest class size in Grades K-3.
- K-3 Teachers bring students to the lab to work on Reading, Math, Typing, Microsoft Office skills or just to do research for various projects.